This month, I’m taking part is Rosalilium’s Blog Every Day in May challenge. As the name suggests, the aim of the game is to blog every day over this month. The main reason I’ve chosen to sign up is to get Chapterthirty going a bit more. It’s been six weeks since Chapterthirty went live and I’ve fallen behind creating posts.
I created Chapterthirty to help women just like me who are hurtling towards thirty but still feel a little bewildered by being a grown up. And to help people I need to write content…
Each day of Blog Every Day in May (BEDM) there’s a prompt to help everyone taking part decide what to write about on a daily basis. The prompt for day one is ‘introduce yourself’ so I thought this would give you the opportunity to learn some more about Rachel Birchley – the so-called grown up behind Chapterthirty.
10 facts about me
- I’m 29 years old
- I’ve been married for two years and still have about a year to go before we’ve finished paying for the wedding
- We’re renting our house but want to start saving for a deposit to buy a property once we’ve paid off the wedding
- I’ve been in my current job for 2.5 years, which is the longest time I’ve spent with one employer to date
- I studied geography at the University of Southampton – for a year – I didn’t enjoy it so dropped out without gaining a degree
- I went travelling for 9 months in 2008
- When I was younger I wanted to be an architect and used to spend hours drawing floor plans – I still actually enjoy doing this
- I’m obsessed with babies! I can’t imagine a life where I don’t have a child so I’m really hoping it’s going to be possible and I’d like a family within five years
- I didn’t take my driving test until I was 25
- I’m extraordinarily messy, which really annoys my husband!
I hope that you’ll come along for the BEDM ride. Tomorrow’s prompt is ‘adventure’.
Tell me a fact about yourself in the comments below.